• Energy & Power

What should you know about insurance?

For grid-connected , your electric utility will require that you enter into an interconnection agreement (see also the next section). Usually, these agreements set forth the minimum requirements to keep in force. If you are buying a photovoltaic system for your home, your standard homeowner’s policy is usually adequate to meet the utility’s requirements. However, if coverage becomes an issue, contact one of the groups listed in the Getting Help section.